Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The ascent has begun...


Bo-Diddly has figured out that reaching up gets you things...like water in the face from the fridge...
and climbing up gets you a really cool jungle gym right in Mom's very own kitchen....

(and of course a cute photo...)

And growing up makes Mommy a tish bit sad...but still in love with her baby:)

I haven't had time to post many of our adventures lately--but we've had a few. Bo-Diddly still has a mysterious allergy rash (likely food) that bought him a trip to the ER a few weeks ago. He's started saying a few words..."lilillir" is his favorite=milk, water, Aunt Lele & his favorite bear (Giggles). But he does say real words too--the latest is "car", which I'm sure Aunt Amby is proud. Choo-Choo (woo woo) is for Pop. I love it when he says a new word because his reaction is that it's sunddenly magic that people understand him. As you can see, still no major hair on the head. More than before and very blond, but still a baldy. He's definitely a daddy's boy and loves watching basketball on Tv with daddy--"ball, ball!" he says. He has learned the head shake and the nod (yep is pretty funny b/c he can only do it with his mouth open). Needless to say, the "no" head shake gets waaaaaaaaay more practice.

Tyrone's latest news is his struggles with division. I can't blame him because the vocabulary they use in the 3rd grade is waaaay advanced from what I remember. They actually asked for the quotient, divisor, dividend,etc. in one problem (I will disclose here that I snuck into the other room to Google those terms before I assumed my role as teacher to Tyrone last night..haha). Seriously...quotient?? These kids are still picking their noses and trying to skip their daily baths.... Anyway, I told T that if he didn't "get" this math, he was going to fall behind in math. He got upset thinking he was going to fail 3rd grade (yes, I did have a heart and tell him that wouldnt happen--even in the thros of homework anguish). So here's the funny--we were sitting by the tub while Bo-Diddly took a bath and T started drumming around on the sink, toilet and his legs and he said--"When I get in high school, I'm gonna be a drummer...well....if I make it to high school." I thought I would crack up!

And lastly...I am greatly enjoying the minivan. LOVE LOVE LOVE the room. I have said it once before and will say it again... even with the shot to the ole ego, I can't believe I did make the switch sooner. Besides, I can always put on my shades and pretend...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jules said...

*lol* You got a chuckle from me on the "putting on your shades to pretend". Ha.

I dreamed about Bo-Diddly last night. Along with some of the other family memebers Something about Christmas and an auction. I dreamed about Trezdon one day this week too. Maybe it's a sign that I need kids in my house! :o) (No, I'm NOT pregnant.)

Apprincessleah said...

Pertaining to the one with Bo at refridgerator...
"Dada, do you want more lerlerlerler (water)?"
"No thanks, Bo"
"Okay Dada, I'll get you some..."
...Reminds me of a previous incident occuring numerous years ago between Daddy and Amber...haha!